Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blood Bond: Episode 1: And So, My World Just Fell Apart...

I'm going to tell you the story of how I lost everything......

No no NO! Don't leave! I promise this is NOT a depressing story. Really! just keep reading and you'll see.

It goes something like this:

"Aloura, wake up NOW!" my mother shouts, waking me from my slumber, "you'll be late for you first day of high school!"

"But Mom," I say, still half asleep and pulling the covers over my eyes to block out the sunlight pouring in, "can't I just have like, five more minutes?"

"Not if you don't want to miss your bus," she replies "honestly Al (my nickname) you sleep more than anyone I know."

"Ugh," I grunt, "Alright alright I'll get up..." I swing my feet over the side of my bed and stumble over to the bathroom to get ready.

After getting dressed, straightening my rats' nest of hair, and grabbing a Hot Pocket for later I run up to the bus stop, slinging my backpack over my shoulder as I go. I stand and wait for a few minuets before I feel a sharp prod on my upper back. Startled, I spin around to face my best (and only) friend Zandra, "oh 'morning Z," I say grinning. Zandra and I have been friends ever since first grade when I accidentally spilled grape juice all over her new dress; now, she was the only friend going with me to high school, ergo she was the best friend in the world to me.

"So we're in high school now huh?" she said the mischievous grin of hers spreading across her face, "you know what that means right? It means we can finally date high school guys! Woohoo!" she punched her fist in the air triumphantly. See Zandra's kind of interesting: she's a total tom-boy and yet she's also as boy crazy as they come.

"Um yeah okay" I reply. even after all these years, I still find her personality a bit unnerving.

Just as Zandra opens her mouth to speak, the bus pulls up. We step aboard (Zandra flirting with every cute guy she sees) and walk to the back. I slide over to grab the window seat and Zandra sits beside me.



When we finally arrive at school, I hop off the bus and look up at the place that I'll be at for the next four years. I walk inside with Zandra at my heels, yakking on about sports and boys and everything in between. I  see a gaggle of girls off to the side of the hallway, squealing and shouting, and me, being the curious person that I am, decides to go over and investigate.

Cries of "Ohmigosh did you see that new junior?" "Yeah he's so hot." and "I wonder if he has a girlfriend." meet my ears.

'Oh great' I think 'more people like Zandra.' I roll my eyes, walk away from the group, and promptly run into a rather tall something. "Oh sorry," I say looking up at the person I crashed into. I feel my jaw drop: he's gorgeous, really tall with blond hair and eyes like a frosty winter morning.

"Nah, it's all right," he says giving me an (oh so adorable) lopsided grin, "I'm Xaveir, what's your name?"

At this point I'm sure I said something really intelligent like "my Xaveir name Aloura is hi."

"Nice to meet you Aloura" he replies obviously trying not to laugh. "Well I'll see ya around!" He walked away to join his friends, leaving me completely breathless.


That was three months ago now its early November and I've made a couple of really great friends, gotten a few good grades, oh yeah I've also found out something that has completely changed my life: I'm half vampire.

Now for all of those people out there who just said "oh great. Not another vampire story" trust me this one's  different. (Oh and I don't sparkle in the sunlight by the way.)

See, when you're a Half-Blood (another name for a half vampire like me. There's also Day-Walker, and Wingless) most of the time you can just go about your life like a normal human, but occasionally you'll start to lose control of your blood lust. Unfortunately I had already had a few of these moments, usually they would happen at some of the worst possible times: like when I was taking a test in school, or when I was talking to a teacher about a homework assignment, or during the climax of my favorite television show... Anyways, it was during one of these moments of lost control that my world fell to pieces.

"Good Morning class!" Says my overly cheery homeroom teacher, Mr. Brunner, "please turn in you homework assignment to my desk and take your seat." So I, like everyone else, pull my history assignment out of my backpack and walk to the front to turn it in when suddenly my heart starts beating faster 'oh no! ' I think panicking as this is the first sign of "turning vampire." I can slowly feel my fangs growing 'not much time left' I think, grabbing the hall pass on Mr. Brunner's desk and dashing outside of the classroom as quickly as possible.

I'm almost to the restrooms (I end up having to bite myself on most occasions to be able to stop myself from hurting anyone) when I hear an oh so familiar voice call, "Aloura? Whats wrong?" I whip around to face Xaveir his frosty eyes full of concern.

'Oh great,' I think 'I so don't have time for this! ' "Um i-it's nothing I just left my homework in my locker is all" I say, plastering on a fake smile.

"You sure?" He asks coming towards me "because you look upset about something."

"R-really Xaveir, I'm fine. Now if you'll excuse me." I start to walk away when he grabs my wrist. Startled, I turn around again.

"No you're not fine. What's wrong?" He replies forcefully.

Shaking, I stare at him 'I've never seen him this way.' I think. I can tell that I'll lose control very soon, I have to get away! "I said I'm fine! Now let me go!" I say hysterically my eyes keep flickering to his neck, and my mouth is watering. 'NO! Don't you dare do that Aloura!' I tell myself, and yet I find myself coming closer and closer to him. If he was talking, I had no idea what he was saying. I was a mere three inches from him, I tried to pull back but it was too late. My fangs pierced his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment