Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blood Bond: Episode 2: A Glimmer of Hope.

After a few seconds I regain consciousness. Leaping away from Xaveir I say "ohmigosh, I-I'm so sorry! I-I don't..."  'Don't what?' I think 'don't know what came over me? But I know exactly what happened.'

On the verge of tears I manage to look up at him. His face is kind of pale and full of shock, his hand at his neck where I bit him. He's bleeding, badly.

By this point, I'm trying as hard as possible to keep myself from crying when I hear Xaveir. Instead of screaming or passing out, he just looks at me and says: "s-so you're a vampire huh?"

That did it, now I was sobbing harder than I ever had before. I had drank the guy I'm hopelessly in love with's blood and he seemed like he was perfectly okay with it. "Ah man," I hear, from what felt like a long distance away, Xaveir say. The next thing I know, he's hugging me. "It's alright," he says "really, I'm okay. Now please stop crying, It's not your fault." This made me feel like crying harder, but after several deep breaths I managed to get a hold of myself.

"H-how can you be so okay with this?!" I ask him "I mean" I lower my voice, "I just b-bit you, and you seem totally fine with this!"

"Well" Xaveir replies, suddenly sounding grave "let's just say, you're not the first vampire I've met."


I look at him questioningly 'he's met another vampire before?' I think, when he suddenly grabs his neck. My eyes widen: his blood is running everywhere. He needs something to stop the bleeding. Soon. "Oh my..." I say, starting to panic again, what do I do? He's grimacing in pain, and his eyes keep fluttering. I know what will happen a second before it does: He passes out and I catch him. 'Great just excellent,' I think, 'now what should I do? I can't very well take him to the nurse(too many awkward questions.) I know! I'll take him to that library room that no one uses! That should work!'


I try to pull him up, but well a practically lifeless body isn't exactly the easiest thing to carry. Eventually though, I manage to make him stand and, putting my arm around him for support, we hobble towards the deserted library room.

Once we arrive, I set him down gently against a wall, run back to the door, look around to make sure that no one was coming, and close it as quietly as possible then I return to his side, pulling out a handkerchief as I go. I dab at the wounds on his neck for a minute then, when it looks like most of the blood is gone, I take some gauze out of the first-aid kit that's under the librarian's desk. 'Thank God she's not here right now,' I think as I bandage him up.

After finishing, I sit back and grab a book off the shelf, thinking that I'll read it while I wait for him to wake up, that didn't last long. I got about three words into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix before setting it down to watch Xavier. 'He looks pretty cute when he sleeps' I can't help thinking, ' He's got such long eyelashes.' I keep examining him until he starts stirring as if he's about to wake up then I quickly leap away and snatch up Harry Potter again.

His eyes flutter open and he looks around, looking confused. Then, spotting me, he blinks, cocks his head slightly to the right and starts laughing hysterically. Surprised by his quick recovery I ask him if he's alright to which he replies, "y-yeah I'm fine. Do you always read your books upside down?"

Blushing madly I glance at the cover, which is indeed upside down, " u-um not really, no." I say, unable to look at him. "I-I'm so sorry" I say quietly, my face quite hot, "I-I didn't mean to-to you know..."

"Hey," he says, standing up, "it's not like it's your fault. Quit beating you self up over it."

Before I knew it, he had me crying again. I almost wished that he would become angry with me, because that would have made more sense to me. Why wasn't he upset at all? I just couldn't understand it.

He was hugging me again, running his hand though my hair, and saying things like "its alright really I'm fine I promise."

"B-but I don't s-see how you c-can even still t-talk to me, n-now that you know w-what I am." I sob.

He pulls away from me and grabs my shoulders, "listen Aloura I-I know that vampires can sometimes lose control like that. It's. Not. Your. Fault." He says, his frost colored eyes boring into me.

Xavier stares me down until I give him a shaky "o-okay." Then he smiles and says, "listen. If you ever need my blood, just ask."

I jump. As if one time wasn't enough! Now he wants me to drink his blood, to hurt him, on a regular basis?! "I-I'm sorry but, there's no way that I could do that!" I reply staring at him in shock. "I-I know that I hurt you. I mean you were passed out for heaven's sake! P-please, I don't want your blood."

Xavier rolls his eyes. "Y-you've been biting yourself right?" He asks, looking concerned again.

"H-how the hell did you know that?!" I return. My face feels hot again. I hadn't told anyone, not even Zandra knew, so how could this guy, who I had only known for three months, know that I had been drinking my own blood?

"Well," he replies, "see well, a-a lot of people think that you've been cutting yourself. I mean you always have bandages everywhere, and well now that I know that you're a vampire I sorta just put two and two together. Sorry."

"Oh I uh," I can tell that I'm blushing harder than ever. "Y-yeah I have been drinking my own blood."

"Well I don't want you to have to do that any more Aloura. So please, have mine instead."

He has such a sad look on his face that I just can't find it in my heart to refuse. "Okay I-I'll drink your blood from now on if you're sure that that's what you want."

"I'm sure." He replies, smiling.

"Okay." I sigh 'he has no idea what he's getting himself into' I think. "Um Xaveir, you said that I wasn't the first vampire that you had met. Would you mind telling me about that other vampire?"

"Oh yeah, her" he says, his expression grim, "see her name was Vixen. I say was because most people think that she died a long time ago, but I don't. I don't think that there was even enough human left in her to die. She's a vampire that went mad. She lost all the control she had left in her. S-she used to be someone who I was really close to..." His expression turns sad again and I know (don't ask me how. I just do) that this 'Vixen' had caused Xaveir a lot of pain. "It was four years ago when she finally cracked." He continues, "she became blood thirsty more and more often and well eventually she completely lost herself. She wasn't the same afterwards. And then, she left. I haven't seen her since." He looks at me and shrugs his shoulders as if trying to hide his sadness from me. But I know better, I can sense that this has been eating away at him for years (again don't ask me how. I don't know myself.)

We sit in silence for what feels like forever. Then suddenly I can hear the door opening. "Hide!" I whisper to Xavier. We dive into the history section, me hiding behind the Japanese section and Xavier behind the U.S. section.

After several seconds, Xavier peeks around his bookshelf to see if the coast is clear and lets out a gasp turning pale. "Who is it?" I ask panicking again. Xavier just shakes his head and does something that I never would have seen coming: He stands up, his expression cold.

"Hello Vixen," he says "long time no see."

No comments:

Post a Comment