Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blood Bond: Episode 4: I Drink His Blood Again

Several days pass without me losing control again. Xavier and I have become really close (so much so that some of the school think that we're dating) Zandra and I eat lunch with him most days and things seem to be going great. I think that both you and I know that my normal high school life couldn't last long....


I walk into my homeroom to start another groggy Monday with Cheery Mr. Brunner, who for some reason isn't here at the moment 'that's odd' I think "Mr. Brunner's always here early...' Suddenly my heart starts pounding. 'Great not again' I think, snatching up the hall pass and strolling out into the hallway. Xavier's words keep floating around in my head: "If you ever need blood, just ask." Yeah right. I'm not going to bite him again. Not if I can help it at least.

I'm nearly to the lady's room when (of course) he shows up "Al? you okay?" he asks. I turn around to face him but before I can say anything, he says "you need blood don't you?"

"Oh no, I'm alright now thanks." I reply smiling.

He sees past it. "C'mon." he says rolling his eyes "I know you're lying, I can see it in your eyes. You're craving it aren't you?"

"Well I uh" I reply lamely, glancing at his neck. "M-maybe a little." I blush and look down, hating myself for admitting it.

"I thought so," Xavier says grinning, "hmm... This way" he grabs my hand and drags me towards a janitor's closet. "You first." He says holding the door for me.

"Th-thanks," I say praying that nobody sees us. I step inside the dark and dusty broom closet, my nose stinging (allergies.) Xavier steps inside as well, closes the door  and searches for a light switch. Meanwhile, I'm starting to feel claustrophobic, it IS a pretty tight fit. Then Xavier finds the light switch and flips it up. Blinking at the sudden brightness, I can feel my fangs growing longer and suddenly I'm not claustrophobic any more.


I'm staring at his neck, when I hear him say, "alright alright just gimmie a second." Then he was unbuttoning his shirt.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I ask my eyes widening.

"Well I'm waring a white shirt, I don't want to get blood on it." He replies pulling it off.

'Whoa...' I think 'he's so- he's so... hot...' I can't help but gawk at him. I'm blushing, I just know it.

He smiles his lopsided grin at me. "Okay, I'm ready" he says.

Shaking, I remember what my name is and why Xavier and I are in here in the first place. I look at his neck again and come closer. I bare my fangs and bite him again.


After thirty seconds maybe I pull away. "A-are you okay?" I ask him.

"Haha, never better," he laughs, wiping the blood off my lip. "I don't even feel faint this time."

"Really? You positive?" I reply looking at his neck, he's bleeding pretty badly again.

"Really truly," he says. Then seeing the look on my face, "I promise, Al. I'm fine."

"If you're sure" I sigh, "but we should still get you patched up." I pull out my mini first aid kit and start rummaging through it. "Sorry I didn't mean to bite you so hard this time."

He smirks at me. "Would you quit apologizing already?" he says as I apply gauze to his wounds. "I know that you have no control over it."

"Yeah but I still feel sorry for it." I reply, "we should probably head back soon. Our homeroom teachers will be wondering where we are."

"Oh yeah you're probably right. I'll walk you to your classroom." says Xavier, standing up and holding out his hand to pull me up.


It may have been a week since 'The Vixen Incident" but I couldn't help but think about it. Every time I asked Xavier about it though, he would start blushing and quickly change the subject. So it caught me off guard when he brought it up.

"Um hey," he says as we walk back to my classroom, "H-have you been, you know able to sense my emotions at all? You know l-like Vixen said that you would be able to if we had a blood bond."

I look at him in surprise, and can instantly tell that he's embarrassed and maybe, just maybe, slightly worried. "Uh kinda," I reply "sometimes. Why do you ask?"

"Oh n-no reason. I was just wondering" he replies. His mood has shifted, now I can tell that he's really happy, he's still blushing though. Harder than ever.

"Fine don't tell me then." I say, smiling. "C'mon we're almost there."


We reach my classroom. "I'll see you at lunch right?" I ask him.

"Sure! Meet me in the cafeteria. I'll save you a seat." He replies, holding up his hand in farewell, "see you then."

"Okay," I wave to him as he turns the corner and disappears. Then I walk into my classroom to find that Mr. Brunner still isn't there. "What's going on?" I ask Zandra, taking my seat, "where's Mr. Brunner?"

"I have no idea." She replies, "maybe he's sick or something."

Just as I'm about to respond when the vice principal comes in "Hello everyone," he says in a bored voice, "It appears that your teacher Mr. Brunner has the flu. So until he gets better, Ms. Kuran will be your new homeroom teacher." He motioned to the door and a woman came in. I felt my jaw drop: It was Vixen.

No comments:

Post a Comment