Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blood Bond: Episode 5: The New Teacher

"Hello everyone!" says Vixen cheerfully. Instead of a long black dress and cloak, today she's wearing a black mini skirt and a dark purple Oxford shirt that's like half way unbuttoned. I can almost feel all the boys in the room's eyes widen as they take in there new "sexy" teacher.

"Well see you," says the vice principal in the same monotonous voice, as he leaves us to the vampire woman.

"All right," says Vixen, giggling like a school girl, "you guys can call me Vicky, okay?"
At this point, I could tell that most (if not all) the guys had developed a crush on her. I rolled my eyes, knowing that from this point on none of us would be doing any real learning.

"So what do you guys normally do in homeroom?" continues Vixen grinning flirtatiously and confirming my suspicions. She flops down in her swivel chair sighing.

"Um Ms. Kuran," starts the class representative raising her hand, "y-you're supposed to take attendance
first."

"Hm? Oh could you please call me Vicky?" Insists Vixen.

"O-okay M-Ms. Vicky." Responds the class rep.

"Well it's a start. Anyways thanks-"

"Oh my n-name is Yue Ms. Vicky."

"Well than thank you Yumi."

"A-actually my name's Yue"

"Were's this uh attendance thingy?" Says Vixen,  completely disregarding Yue. "You there" she points to one of the boys, winking "could you please help me find it?" she flutters her eyelashes and gives him a winning smile.

"Uh I-I... Sure!" says the guy (I think his name is Toby or something) blushing like crazy. He stumbles up to the front to search for the attendance sheet.



It took forever, but eventually homeroom ended. I gathered up my stuff and started to walk to the door  when Vixen stopped me.

"Listen my little vampire," she says, all the flirtiness gone from her voice, "I didn't come here to fake flirt with high-schoolers. I came here to keep an eye on you." Suddenly, her eyes narrow. "Hm it's gotten stronger. You drank his blood again didn't you?" Her voice was vicious and when I don't answer right away, (I mean what the heck am I supposed to say to something like that?) She says, "well? Did you?" now her voice was like acid.

"U-um I uh w-well" I stutter 'geeze she's scary' I think (well she was...)

"Hmp! Fine! But from now on you'd better stay away from him!" Her eyes had turned blood red. She was furious, that much was obvious, but why exactly was what I was wondering. And who was this he she kept talking about? Was it Xavier? Of course it was... I mean, it had to be right? Just as I'm about to respond when the bell rings. Taking my chance, I dash out of the classroom and into the hallway.

I look around for Xavier. Then, finding him with a group of his friends, I grab him by the hand with a "come with me now" as I pull him out of ear shot of his friends,despite his objections.

"H-hey what's gotten into you Al?" He asks sounding bewildered "d-do you need more blood again already?"

"No. Xavier, who exactly was Vixen to you?" I ask him.

"W-why do you want to know?" he replies looking even more confused.

"Because she's my new homeroom teacher."

"Wh-what the-?!" He's in complete shock.

"She-she  somehow knew that I drank your blood again; and she kept saying 'you had better stay away from him from now on.'  She also said that 'it' had gotten stronger. I mean wh-what does that even mean anyway?"

"Um w-well," starts Xavier, blushing like he always did when I brought up 'the Vixen incident.' "She was my family's maid."

I feel my jaw drop: 'holy crap, Xavier's  rich?!' I think.

"And well...." continues Xavier, now he's blushing even harder, "I uh I sorta h-had a thing for her...." He laughs uncomfortably.

"WHAT!?!" I nearly scream at him. 'Nice that's just great. He actually liked that- that freak?' I think, slightly hurt.

"Um yeah," says Xavier, obviously ashamed. His face was redder than ever, "and um well I found out that she was a vampire and uh she-she said that she needed blood and well she made a blood bond with me.... and I guess the reason that she's come is because she sensed that it was broken."

It was quite a bit to take in, but i tried to grasp the situation. "Okay so she was your maid and you found out that she was a vampire so you made a blood bond with her right? And somehow she found out that this blood bond broke and that's why she's here now posing as my teacher. But you said that she left four years ago. What happened then?" I ask him, and I immediately know that that was a bad question to ask. His expression turns sad.

"Um well," he says "she uh, she killed my little brother." his mood was fragile, like if I pushed him to hard he would break down crying. I couldn't blame him. "Like I said" he continues, "she went blood crazy. I-I was so stupid! I-I left him alone with her during one of the times that she needed blood and well, I came back to find him dead. With Vixen drinking the last few drops of his blood."

Tears started welling up in his eyes, and I was crying too. "Th-that's horrible" I say, tears streaking down my face.

We stand there mourning the loss of Xavier's younger brother for a few minutes. Then the bell rings. "Oh I uh I have to go now. I'm going to miss english." I say rubbing my eyes and giving Xavier a swift hug. I look up to see him blushing as hard as I am. "I'll see you at lunch okay?" I tell him before rushing off to my english class.

No comments:

Post a Comment