Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blood Bond: Episode 3: A New Enemy

"Hello Vixen," says Xavier, "long time no see."

My eyes widen. 'How is she here?' I wonder to myself.

"Oh surprised to see me are you Xavier?" Says Vixen, her voice is like ice. "Oh and you can tell your little vampire friend that she can come out now." I feel my whole body turn cold, as if I had plunged head first into a vat of ice water. How did she know that I was here? Or what I was or that matter. My hands are shaking as I stand up to face one of the most beautiful yet terrifying women I have ever seen. She has long black hair that looks like the night sky without the stars, and a smile that makes me think of a cat about to pounce. Her skin is as pale as a winter morning.

"Hmph you really would choose her over me Xavier?" Vixen continues, "it seems that you've lost your taste. How pitiful."

"Wh-what do you mean he chose me?" I ask, cold shivers running down my spine.

"It doesn't mean anything Aloura, don't listen to her." Xavier says, and yet he's blushing. 'What is it he doesn't want me to know?' I wonder.

"You mean you didn't know?" teases Vixen, a sly grin playing across her lips. "You didn't know that once you drink a mortals blood you share a blood bond with them?"


"A-a blood bond?" I ask. the words have an ominous ring to them. "Wh-what's that?"

"A blood bond, my dear, is something us vampires can do to our pray. You've been sensing his emotions ever since you drank his blood haven't you? You also know if something bad will happen to him before it does don't you?" Supplies Vixen, her smile becoming more evil by the second. "Further more, a blood bond can only be broken if another vampire drinks the mortals blood. But this vampire and the mortal must be-"

Xavier slaps his hand over her mouth, muffling her speech. "Stop right there" he says his face deep scarlet, "not another word."

Vixen snaps her fingers and in an instant Xavier is on the floor, angry burn marks on his forearm. "Fine" she says, "you don't want me to tell her? Hmph I guess that she'll find out eventually anyways. Well then, I've gotten what I've come here for so ciao!" With another snap of her fingers, she disappears in a puff of black smoke.

"Xavier are you alright?!" I say rushing over to him.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. My arm isn't too great though." I look at it. He's burnt pretty badly.

"Maybe we should take you to the nurse's office," I say, "I don't really know how to treat burns."

"Alright." He replies.


 On the way to the nurse, my mind strays back to what Vixen had said: "This vampire and the mortal would have to be-" 'Be WHAT?' I think ' and what had she come for anyways?'

But when I ask Xavier what he thinks, he just starts blushing again and says: "U-um I don't really know, but listen to me Aloura that woman has a way with words, she can charm almost anyone to do her bidding. If you ever see her again, don't come near her don't even look at her. I-I don't want anything bad happening to you."

It was my turn to blush this time. I decided that it would be best to change the subject. "Um Xavier." I say tentatively "you can call me Al if you want. Or Ally or whatever, 'kay?"

"Al huh?" Xavier says smiling "I like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment