Wednesday, September 7, 2011

(Title not known yet) Chapter 1: The change

At first, it was like any normal day. I got up, went to school, talked to friends, then packed up and headed home, just like all ways. How was I supposed to know that today my life would change forever?


"Hey Rolo! You wanna go to the video game store school after school today? I gotta get that new game!" Bryan said in a hushed tone, since we were still in History.

I glanced over to Mrs.Keiko. She was engrossed in her lesson like always. I turned back to Bryan who was pretending to follow the lesson.

"Sorry I have to go home today, I have stuff I have to do." I said, also pretending to follow Mrs.Keiko.

Bryan sighed and gave me his pitiful puppy dog face.


"Oh come on! I know you want the game too! Whats more important than games?"

"Um, a lot of things."

Before he could say any more Mrs. Keiko was standing in front of us, her young face all scrunched up.

"So BOYS. What are we talking about? "

Please just once, don't say any thing Bryan, I thought.

Of course as predicted he spoke up.

"Well, were talking about this new video game that just came out." He said in his oh-so confident voice.

Bryan is a huge show off. He loves to make a scene about things to impress people. Although I think Its pretty stupid.

"Bryan Lee, don't you dare disrespect me!"

Great, now he's gonna go at it.

"Oh I'm SO sorry Mrs. Keiko! We didn't mean to talk during your lame lecture about world war whatever. Well, I did kinda have to. It was so boring, I almost DIED! You wouldn't want one of your students dead would you!?! I think not!"

Some of the students in the class room started giggling. Mrs.Keiko face was bright red in embarrassment. She rolled up her papers and hit Bryan on his head.

Adjusting to this new country is hard. Japan's school rules are very different from america's, and the discipline is some times harsh.

"Bryan Lee and Rolo Allen, you both have a week of detention starting tomorrow!"

And with that the bell rang signaling every one to leave their seats and run home. I turned and looked at Bryan who just grabbed his stuff like nothing had happened.

"Dude, why couldn't you have just left that alone! Now my dad is gonna kill me! We just got finished with last weeks detention!"

"Yeah yeah, I'm sorry. So are you gonna come get the game with me?"

I just grabbed my stuff and walked out of the class room. What was he thinking?!


I started walking home from school. The fall leaves fell from the trees as the breeze picked up. I trudged on home trying to make it before it started raining.

Before I knew it, my life was about to change.

A drop of rain fell on my head. Almost instantly more fell in till it was pouring. Without watching where I was going I ran around the corner crashing into a little girl. We both fell to the ground, flopping onto the newly formed puddles.

"Ouch!" The girl cried.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to run into you like that, I was in a hurry and-."

She stopped me.

"Stupid! You should have been watching where you were going! Now because of you I'm soaked to the bone. Next time watch it!" She said to me.

She picked up her umbrella and began walking forwards.

Wait, why did she yell at me? Thats weird. Usually the kids around here are pretty friendly.

I got up and ran back to the girl.

"Listen, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to crash into like that. If you want, I could pay you back by holding your umbrella for you and walk you home?"

She stopped and put her little hands on her hips. "

Why would I want some one like YOU touching MY umbrella!"

"Hey! I was only trying to be nice..."

She looked away and spoke again.

"Well you might be good for something. So take me to the American Japanese school, pronto!" She said in a bossy voice.

"Um okay then."

We walked back to my school silently, without saying a word. I was entirely soaked because the little brat wouldn't share her umbrella. Seriously, whats with this girl?

We ran to the undercover area where I opened the door for her. She kept her umbrella open as we walked inside. Now that I got a better look at her she certainly had a weird sense of style. She wore a short frilly purple dress thats sleeves were to long for her short arms. Her eyes were surprisingly primrose pink (must be contacts?) and she had rosy cheeks. Her hair was super long. It was put into pig tails and the rest of her hair was cut a little above shoulder length(Basically not all her hair is in the pigtails).

"Um so here we are."

She looked around then put her umbrella away.

"So it seems. Thank you little boy for taking me here."

"Wait! Who are you calling me little boy! Your just a little kid!"

Obviously I pushed one of her buttons. She turned to me and stomped on my foot.

"I AM NOT A KID! I'm just about 300 years old for your information! Seriously! You need to learn your manners!"

"WHAT?!?! You can't be! People don't live that long! And your telling me I need to learn manners!"

She turned and started walking away.

"I'm sorry I don't have time for this, maybe I'll tell you about it another time. Bye for now little boy."

And she then disappeared from my sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment